Monday, October 27, 2008

You should put a bandage on that, she says as soon as i take off my red pumps. Bright red with white bows. She cares so much for a physical wound she can see when those inside are worse. I smile at the irony.

It's fine, I reply.She stands there feeling awkward. I make no attempt to change that. Come! I say. A order not a request.
The grass,my dear,Mrs S says..the rough texture of it stimulates the nerve endings at the soles of the feet..I need to wake up I tell her.
Freak, she says.
I gently push aside that strand of hair that always seems to be in her eyes.

Its because you are doing too much. She says.
I need to. Im intoxicated by all this activity, this learning, synergy of mind, body, soul. I say back, calmly but in that tone that tell her she must back off now.
You should drink rocketfuel. I wish I was like you. You scare me.

Her words filter through my thoughts. My pumps are back on my feet.
I don't enjoy scrutiny. My voice is solid.
I care, she says.

Find someone else to worship I say as I fix her right collar,not making eye contact.
I walk away feeling violated.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Going nicely so far :)

Mayhaps thou wouldst liketh to improve the way the blog loosketh. :P

That made no sense, but we should make darboo read it anyway.

Nun said...

hahaha
I laugh.
darbo.
Maybe he'll liek it better than the Gitangali?